To become an internationally recognized shipbuilding industry.
In pursuit of the National Goal-2021 (to achieve medium income status) and the VISION-2041 vis-a-vis to face the present and forthcoming challenges in maritime asset management; our 'Mission' is to provide complete service to our customers in shipbuilding, repair, fabrication, construction, industrial maintenance through professional expertise within stipulated time frame by ensuring quality and safety with congenial corporate culture.
What We Do
- Modern shipbuilding i.e. inland and coastal work boat, harbour/coastal and seagoing tug, barge, ferry, landing craft, crane barge, buoy handling vessel, search and rescue boat, cargo vessel, tanker, container vessel, patrol craft (warship) and large patrol craft (warship), submarine handling tug and hydrographic survey vessel etc.
- Repair of all types of ships (warship, partrol ship, merchant ship etc.
- Engineering works i.e. overhauling and repair of boiler, turbine, diesel engine, pump, compressor, generator, transformer, heavy electri-cal motor, crane, electrical fittings, workshop machinery, dredging machinery, manufacturing of engineering parts for sugar mill, paper mill, cable factory, cement factory, jute mill and power station.
- Fabrication of steel structure, foot over bridge, design and fabrication of chimney and steel dustbins etc.
- Dredging and earth filling,
- Ferrous casting up to 10 tons ( single casting ) and non-ferrous casting up to 300 kg.
KSY possesses a wealth of professionally qualified, competent and experienced workers committed to the construction of state-of-the-art ship, craft and other engineering structures. The work force is continuously trained to upgrade their skills and technical knowledge.
‣ A slipway with a capacity to dock and undock vessels up to 700 tons light
weight and overall length of 90 m.
- Ships repair on dock in eight berths, each of 100 m in length for berthing.
- A set of slipway and carriage to dock and undock vessels up to 700 tons light weight and overall length of 90 m.
- Ten Berths (Tracks) each of 100 m length to build/repair vessels; two of which are under fabrication shed.
- Berth Crane: One x 8 tons capacity and 2 x 5 tons capacity.
- Jetty Crane: One x 30 tons capacity.
- Mobile Crane: One x 30 tons capacity, One x 10 tons capacity
- Workshop Crane: Shops are equipped with overhead crane of various capacities ranging from 5 to 30 tons. Procurement of new cranes is in progress.
- Production Capacity: 2000 tons of steel work per year.
- Excellent assembly and outfitting area ensure a good working environment for high quality construction under tight schedules. These shipbuilding areas have ample space and equipment for the simultaneous outfitting of 10 medium/ 20 small sized vessels.
- Proven technical reliability
- Quality assurance
- On time delivery
- Competitive price
- Customer’s satisfaction, delight and enchantment